"Loved the conference location & information. Complications session was great. Need more like this. Interesting topics. Very good overall conference!"
Due to COVID-19, the Sonoma Seminar will now be online.
4th Sonoma ONLINE Seminar
May 15-16, 2020
Up to 20.0 CECH
Due to COVID-19 we have moved the Sonoma Seminar ONLINE. Join us online for the same great meeting you've come to expect from IFAF, with a stellar faculty of leading podiatric physicians and surgeons! We will be covering the following treatment and surgery protocols:
- Management of midfoot deformities and surgical fusions.
- Recognition and treatment of iatrogenic forefoot complications
- Understanding the challenges of infections in foot and ankle practice and the role of vitamin D deficiency.
- Management of non-unions and foot & ankle fractures.
- Understanding ankle arthritis techniques for improved outcomes in transmetatarsal amputations.
- Treating fusions of the first ray with current evidence based medicine regarding treatments of infections.
- Reveiw of calcaneal osteotomies and practical approaches to OCD lesions of the talus.
- Understanding the Opioid Crisis and the practice of Medicine Ethics today.
- Understanding plastic surgery techniques for wound closure.
- Comparison of current bunionectomy procedures and hallux valgus complications.
- Knowledge of specialized areas of podiatric medicine and surgery, dermatology and diagnostic imaging.
- Understanding lower extremity biomechanics and learn about the many silver linings that emerged from the current pandemic.
Thomas J. Chang, DPM:A Closer Look at Midfoot Fusions
Latrogenic Forefoot Deformities
Jeffrey C. Christensen, DPM:Challenges of Obesity in Foot & Ankle Practice
Understanding Ankle Arthritis
Biomechanics of Calcaneal Osteotomies
Mary E. Crawford, DPM:The Opioid Crisis
Plastic Surgery Techniques for Wound Closure
Alan Discont, DPM:Integrative Organic Considerations for Venous Disease
Integrative Organic Considerations for Osteopenia/Osteoporosis
Dock Dockery, DPM:Pediatric Dermatology
Edward S. Glaser, DPM:Postural Foot Biomechanics: Improving Function
Daniel J. Hatch, DPM:Complications of Foot & Ankle Surgery: Non-unions
Vitamin D Deficiency
Rem Jackson, BA:Silver Linings Playbook
Guido LaPorta, DPM:Talectomy with Tibial-Calcaneal Fusion
Case Presentations: Some Good – Some Bad!
Stephen Mariash, DPM:Scarf Bunionectomy: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Postoperative Nausea & Vomiting-Update
Stephen Schroeder, DPM:Stress Fractures of Foot & Ankle
Posterior Impingement Syndrome: Diagnosis & Treatment
Peroneal Tendon Pathology
John M. Schuberth, DPM:How Far Can You Push a Distal Osteotomy for HAV?
The Spectrum of Posterior Heel Pathology
Practical Approach to OCD Lesions of the Talus
Christopher Segler, DPM:How the Standard of Care Leaves Athletes Behind
Potential Complications of Returning Athletes Back to Activity
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. SPACE IS STILL AVAILABLE FOR OUR ONLINE SEATTLE AND SCOTLAND PROGRAMS.
*Verification of status required
**Include a letter from program director confirming proof of status
*** Completely retired from practice and have reached the age of 65
Friday & Saturday, 5/15-16: