The International Foot & Ankle Foundation for Education and Research (IFAF) has continually grown, changed and expanded. The IFAF now supports 12 residents in the NW Podiatric Surgical Residency Consortium; offers more high-quality local, regional and international educational programs; provides an online scientific journal at FAOJ.org; and helps support the Yucatan Crippled Children Project twice a year.
The International Foot & Ankle Foundation is a nonprofit organization established in 1979 and is dedicated to providing the highest level of continuing medical education on the foot and ankle, with emphasis on medicine, surgery and research. With programs in venues around the globe, IFAF engages foot and ankle specialists worldwide. Revenues help support the following entities:
- Swedish Podiatric Surgical Residency Program,
- Franciscan Foot and Ankle Institute’s Podiatric Surgical Residency and Fellowship,
- NW Podiatric Surgical Biomechanics Research Laboratory in Seattle, Washington,
- Ankle Arthroscopy Courses,
- Seattle Lower Extremity Surgical Symposium (SLESS) – A Multidiscipline Approach to Advanced Management of Lower Extremity Problems,
- Lower Extremity Research Projects,
- Foot and Ankle Online Journal (FAOJ.Org),
- Residency Graduation for the NW Podiatric Residency Consortium
- Sponsorship of Charitable Events and supporting programs:
- Barry University Yucatan Crippled Children Project
- North Colorado Podiatric Surgical Residency
- The Gerald T. Kuwada, DPM, Memorial Leadership Fund
To continue to be the premier organization offering quality continuing medical education to foot and ankle surgeons around the world through scientific meetings, conferences, workshops and advanced postgraduate courses, with an emphasis on collegiality and improving patients’ lives.
Exciting New Seminars
The IFAF is proud to present an exciting schedule of scientific seminars. Bring your family for a fabulous vacation, plus attend a high quality CPME approved program.
IFAF has been approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine.
Want to save 20% off your seminar tuition? Become a member!